For annual residential roofing maintenance in Boise, see Hawaiian Built Roofing, LLC. To ensure the safety and security of your home, it is crucial to do proper maintenance and annual inspections of your roof. When having your roof inspected, the contractor may detect early signs of deterioration, which can cause serious damage to your home. This is why having yearly inspections can help detect signs early enough to be swiftly corrected prior to harsh winters. Periodic roofing maintenance for your Boise home is essential for keeping your roof safe and secure and should always be performed by a qualified professional contractor. Additionally, the existing records of roof inspections prevent any complications to a building owner during any possible insurance claim.
Because our homes can be one of the biggest investments you will make in a lifetime, you want to make sure you are protecting the value of your home. Performing a basic visual inspection is necessary to know what to look for and when a repair is needed. We have provided a list of signs to look for and ways to provide basic proper maintenance.
- Clean any moss or mold– This can cause damage if left unchecked
- Avoid using a power washer– the pressure of a power washer’s water stream can remove the shingle’s protective granular layer and may lift or remove shingles pulling them loose. (Use a spray on moss removal solution instead and gently remove debris with a broom or light bristle brush)
- When able- Clear out gutters and downspouts
Signs to watch for
- Warped, cracked, discolored or missing shingles
- Missing granules
- Loose seams and rickety flashings
- Excessive amounts of fragments or granules in the gutters or downspouts.
- Mold or Moss